2 Days (16hrs)
Written & Practical (2 hours)
$400.00 (Nett Fee)
Respond to Fire Emergency in Building aims to equip learners with the skills necessary to be part of a CERT team to handle fire emergencies in buildings. The skills would include evacuation plans and protocols as that would be one of the most important features for a fire emergency in a building. Learners will also be taught the proper techniques to operate a Breathing Apparatus (BA) set.
In addition, learners will also learn search and recovery techniques which are specific to buildings due to the complexity and multi-level nature of buildings. This is in line with national CERT standards.
- Company Emergency Response Teams (CERT) from commercial, industrial buildings who are the first responders for incidents in their respective premises.
- Persons who wants to be recognised as the competent person applying the emergency response skills during an emergency incident in buildings.
- Relevant work experience to the workplace they would like to be a part of CERT.
- Able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Self-directed learner
- Possess an open and analytical mind
Participants will learn to:
- Interpret emergency response legislations and guidelines
- Identify fire hazard scenarios and usage of fire protection system in buildings
- Demonstrate use of breathing apparatus according to BA wearer guidelines and entrapment procedures
- Assess the emergency situation and conduct firefighting to contain fire in high rise buildings
- Participate in rescue and evacuation exercise
- Handover incident and provide operational assistance to the appropriate body
Safety Shoes. Proper attire. No short pants and singlet
Funding code: TGS-2020504845
Registration & Payment:
To register simply use our online registration in our website or download the PDF application form to submit via email.
20 Points for FSM
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration & Refund:
- A Letter of Confirmation on the training date will be issued upon confirmation of your registration.
- Full payment for the training can be made by Cheque, Cash, NETS or Internet Banking upon confirmation. Payment should be made prior to course commencement date.
- Certificates and Passes will not be released unless full payment is received.
- No refund of fees allowed for cancellations of classes or absence of participants on the day of course commencement. However, for such cases, PTC would advise rescheduling of replacement of candidate provided a valid reason & evidence is given.
- Full course fee will be chargeable for absent on course date without valid reason & evidence.
- Refund of fees is only on case by case basis, when the participants can show they were medically unfit or postponement or replacement is not possible by any means.
- PTC reserves the right to alter or cancel class and/or venue without liability.
- PTC reserves the right to revise the course materials to meet SSG/MOM requirements.