1 Day (8.5hrs)
Written & Practical (1.5 hours)
$200.00 (Nett Fee)
Respond to Fire Incidents in Workplace aims to equip learners with the skills necessary to handle a relatively simple fire incident which might happen anywhere in the workplace. These skills will allow learners to handle a fire incident in a cool and calm manner, and execute steps to extinguish the fire. The fire incident should be small and be simple to contain. In addition, learners will also learn the proper way to handle a fire extinguisher, and also learn about several precautions to take for fire hazards.
This course will provide the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT) in the Public and Industrial premises (without or store below the exemption quantity of petroleum and flammable material) with the skills and knowledge required to effectively respond to fire incidents.
- Relevant work experience to the workplace that would like to be a part of the Company Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Able to listen, read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4
- Self-directed learner
- Possess an open and analytical mind
Participants will learn to:
- Interpret emergency response legislations and guidelines
- Identify fire hazard scenarios and conduct situation assessment
- Demonstrate usage of fire protection systems in the workplace
- Respond to fire incidents using various extinguishing mediums
- Handover incident and provide operational assistance to the appropriate body
Safety Shoes. Proper attire. No short pants and singlet
Funding code: TGS-2016500567
Registration & Payment:
To register simply use our online registration in our website or download the PDF application form to submit via email.
Approved 8 SDU Points
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration & Refund:
- A Letter of Confirmation on the training date will be issued upon confirmation of your registration.
- Full payment for the training can be made by Cheque, Cash, NETS or Internet Banking upon confirmation. Payment should be made prior to course commencement date.
- Certificates and Passes will not be released unless full payment is received.
- No refund of fees allowed for cancellations of classes or absence of participants on the day of course commencement. However, for such cases, PTC would advise rescheduling of replacement of candidate provided a valid reason & evidence is given.
- Full course fee will be chargeable for absent on course date without valid reason & evidence.
- Refund of fees is only on case by case basis, when the participants can show they were medically unfit or postponement or replacement is not possible by any means.
- PTC reserves the right to alter or cancel class and/or venue without liability.
- PTC reserves the right to revise the course materials to meet SSG/MOM requirements.