4 Days (32 hrs)
Written and Case Study (3 hours)
$250.00 (Nett Fee)
This course is a mandatory unit for individuals who are assigned to undertake the role of a supervisor in the marine industry. It is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the marine industry.
Possess Employability Skills (ES) Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
The course will be relevant to Chargemen, Foreman, WSH Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or any person assigned to a supervisory role in the marine industry.
Participants will learn:
- Explain and interpret salient WSH legislations and other requirements relevant to the marine industry.
- Describe the WSH duties and responsibilities of a supervisor in marine industry.
- Conduct a briefing on shipyard general safety and explain the Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) and Permit-to-Work (PTW) procedure to shipyard workers and contractors.
- Identify WSH hazards, evaluate and control risks in marine industry in accordance with risk management process.
- Carry out WSH inspections in accordance with organisational.
Proper attire. No short pants and singlet
Funding code: TGS-2020505011
Registration & Payment:
To register simply use our online registration in our website or download the PDF application form to submit via email.
Upon successful completion and passing the exam, participant will receive a safety pass and Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Terms & Conditions for Course Registration & Refund:
- A Letter of Confirmation on the training date will be issued upon confirmation of your registration.
- Full payment for the training can be made by Cheque, Cash, NETS or Internet Banking upon confirmation. Payment should be made prior to course commencement date.
- Certificates and Passes will not be released unless full payment is received.
- No refund of fees allowed for cancellations of classes or absence of participants on the day of course commencement. However, for such cases, PTC would advise rescheduling of replacement of candidate provided a valid reason & evidence is given.
- Full course fee will be chargeable for absent on course date without valid reason & evidence.
- Refund of fees is only on case by case basis, when the participants can show they were medically unfit or postponement or replacement is not possible by any means.
- PTC reserves the right to alter or cancel class and/or venue without liability.
- PTC reserves the right to revise the course materials to meet SSG/MOM requirements.